Advanced Health and Fitness Coach*
Take your skills to the next level and become an Advanced Health and Fitness Coach in just 16 weeks.
Why choose this course
- Work placements: Up to 4 weeks of work placement in gyms and exercise environments to get you work ready to join the sports industry.
- Dedicated industry tutors: Learning is supported by a dedicated academic, experienced and qualified team.
- Meet demand: Expand your knowledge and insights into helping specialist needs and at risk clients with complex issues with health and fitness requirements.
- Pathway: Differentiate yourself in the market with a higher qualification or pathway into an New Zealand Institute of Sport Diploma.
- Unique internships: Exclusive opportunities for internships with Disney, Broadmoor Resort, resorts on Hamilton Island or in New Zealand’s best gyms.
What you will learn
- Exercise science and nutrition
- Exercise Prescription and training programme design
- Learn how to train clients with specialist needs
- Learn about industry professional practice and rules of engagement and ethics
- Learn about different types of employment in the industry
Study and career opportunities
Get a job in the sports industry as:
- Exercise consultant
- Personal trainer
- Gym instructor
- Elite athlete coaching/development
- Health coach
- Strength and conditioning coach
- Group fitness instructor
- Start your own personal training business
Progress into further study:
Get more info
- Tuition fees: $3,500.00
New Zealand Certificate in Exercise (Level 5)
16 Weeks (not including holidays)
15 June 2020
13 July 2020
24 August 2020
This programme is offered at our Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch Campuses.
- Minimum 20 years of age.
- Must hold New Zealand Certificate in Exercise (Level 4) or relevant experience in the Fitness and Recreation Industry.