Advanced Health and Fitness Coach Level 5
Take your fitness skills to the next level and become an Advanced Health and Fitness Coach in just 16 weeks. Work placement included.
Why choose this course
- Work placements: Up to 4 weeks of work placement in gyms and exercise environments to get you work ready to join the sports industry.
- Dedicated industry tutors: Learning is supported by a dedicated academic, experienced and qualified team.
- Meet demand: Expand your knowledge and insights into helping specialist needs and at risk clients with complex issues with health and fitness requirements.
- Pathway: Differentiate yourself in the market with a higher qualification or pathway into an New Zealand Institute of Sport Diploma.
- Unique internships: Exclusive opportunities for internships with Disney, Broadmoor Resort, resorts on Hamilton Island or in New Zealand’s best gyms.
What you will learn
- Exercise science and nutrition
- Exercise Prescription and training programme design
- Learn how to train clients with specialist needs
- Learn about industry professional practice and rules of engagement and ethics
- Learn about different types of employment in the industry
Study and career opportunities
Get a job in the sports industry as:
- Exercise consultant
- Personal trainer
- Gym instructor
- Elite athlete coaching/development
- Health coach
- Strength and conditioning coach
- Group fitness instructor
- Start your own personal training business
Progress into further study:
Get more info
- Tuition fees: $3,921
- Student Service Levy: $200
- Student loans and allowances are available through Studylink
- Tuition fees: $10,500NZD
- Course fee: $1,000NZD
New Zealand Certificate in Exercise (Level 5)
16 Weeks (not including holidays)
14 June 2021
19 July 2021
14 June 2021
16 August 2021
21 June 2021
2 August 2021
This programme is offered at our Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch Campuses.
- Must hold New Zealand Certificate in Exercise (Level 4) or relevant experience in the Fitness and Recreation Industry.