NZIS Certificate in Sport Studies
Love Sport? No Qualifications? No dramas!
Our Certificate in
This is a Level 3 Foundation programme, specially designed for students who want to kick-start their career in the Sport, Fitness and Recreation industry. It will suit those who have a
The programme was developed in response to a growing number of students from various sporting backgrounds and school
The NZIS Certificate in
This qualification is aimed at those who see the opportunity to develop their skills in an environment that is exciting, relevant and can be a pathway to other Tertiary programmes.
This qualification also suits mature students who are looking for a change in
- Exercise Prescription – exercise programming and personal fitness
- Professional Studies – future planning development
- Sport Injury Management
- Communication Skills
- Information Technology
- Sport Nutrition
- Sport Teaching and Coaching – Coach development
- Leading Groups – leadership skills
- Sport Education – sport officiating and competition management
- Outdoor Education – adventure based learning
- Sport Workshops – sport coaching qualifications and practical experiences
- Fees Free study for those aged 16-19
- Anyone 20 or over can enquire
Get more info
Job Opportunities & Pathways
- Progression on to NZIS Certificate and Diploma programmes
NZIS Certificate in Sport Studies - Level 3
- July 23 2018
This programme is offered in Auckland, Wellington, Hamilton, and Christchurch.
46 weeks, including 6 weeks of holiday.
- Open age entry
- A demonstrated commitment to the Sport, Fitness and Recreation area
- Personal interview if required
- International student
englishlanguage proficiency requirement – IELTS 5.0* (or internal test)
- Youth Guarantee Fees Free study – Students must be 16 – 19 years old when they start the course.