New Zealand Certificate in Sport, Recreation, and Exercise (Multi-sector)*
You can get your NCEA Level 3 and have fun doing it!
This course will give you a broad-based knowledge and skills required to enter the sport, recreation and exercise industries. There will be plenty of hands-on opportunities for you to enhance your technical skills and learning outside the classroom.
Why choose this course
Learn life skills
Get your Learners Drivers Licence and First Aid Certificate.
Event management experience
Get involved in event planning and support at a regional sporting organisation, or a sporting facility for professional athletes.
Learn leadership skills
Coach a beginner team to learn real leadership and communication skills.
- Develop exercise programmes and learn about personal fitness
- Increase your Literacy & Numeracy skills through real sport and recreation events
- Personal development – future planning with CV writing and budget workshops
- Learn the essentials to planning a successful sport and recreation event
- Learn the basics of exercise prescription and injury management
- Develop your Microsoft Excel skills, this is really valuable in the workplace
- Develop your skills in coaching with practical exercises in supporting a community sports team
- Learn all about Sport Nutrition with the basics in health & wellness for athletes
- Learn leadership skills with sport umpiring and competition management
- We make course work fun with adventure-based learning
- Fees Free study for 16-19!
Study & Career Opportunities
Pursue further studies with us now you have acquired your NCEA level 3. You will be eligible for our Level 5 Diploma in Sport, Recreation, and Exercise (Multi-sector)*
Or get into the industry in roles such as:
- School Sport Coordinator
- Event Management Coordinator
- Outdoor Education Coordinator
- Recreation Centre Coordinator
Get more info
New Zealand Certificate in Sport, Recreation, and Exercise (Multi-sector) (Level 3)*
- 4 February
- 22 July
This programme is offered in our Auckland, Wellington, Hamilton, and Christchurch Campuses.
- Open age entry
- A demonstrated commitment to the Sport, Fitness and Recreation area