Foundations Skills (Level 2)
Kick start your career in the sport, fitness & recreation industry.
Why choose this course
If you are 16 – 19 years old and are interested in Sport, this FREE course is the perfect starting point.
- You won't be stuck in a classroom all day! Over 16 weeks you’ll be busy working with your hands, doing projects, going on field trips and you'll get an introduction into the sport, recreation and fitness industries.
- You’ll also meet others like you, learn about different cultures, visit a marae and get to visit some industry workplaces
- 1:1 support from your tutor: We understand that everyone’s different. That’s why take the time to tailor our teaching to suit your learning style.
- Further study: After this Level 2 course, you will be able to gain entry to any of our Level 3 courses.
During this course you will:
- Explore what you can study next
- Build your confidence
- Take part in a community project
- Learn about different cultures
- Tailored to your learning styles
Study & Career Opportunities
This course will give you the confidence to progress on to further study at Level 3 or to step into entry- level voluntary roles such as:
- Junior Sports Assistant
- Free for those aged 16-19! (Conditions apply)
You may be eligible for financial support during your studies with Youth Training Funding, this means New Zealand Institute of Sport will cover:
- Tuition Fees
- Gymnasium Membership
- NZIS Certificate in Sport & Recreation Apparel, including training gear, and tracksuit
- Course related field trips
- All Course Resources and Facilities
- Travel Allowance
Speak to us about your eligibility for Free Study and financial support on enquiry.
16 weeks (excluding holiday breaks)
Get more info
New Zealand Certificate in Foundation Skills (Level 2)
23 August 2021
2 August 2021
16 August 2021
19 July 2021
23 August 2021
This programme is offered at our Auckland, Otahuhu, Wellington and Christchurch campuses.
- Aged between 16 – 19 years
- You must be a New Zealand citizen or have New Zealand permanent residency