New Zealand Certificate in Foundation Skills
You can get your NCEA Level 2 and study something interesting for FREE!
Why choose this course
- You can get your NCEA Level 2: This will open up doors for employment and more study.
- Learning is adventure-based: Improve your Literacy & Numeracy skills with classes outdoors and get experience working in supporting roles within Sport, Fitness and Recreation.
- Learn life skills you wish they taught at school: CV building, interview skills, budget management
- Get 1:1 support from your tutor: We understand that everyone’s different. That’s why take the time to tailor our teaching to suit your learning style.
- Referee a sports game within the community
- Learn Literacy & Numeracy skills through sport
- Sports, Recreation, & Exercise development using the latest technology
- Build your communication skills with people from different cultures within the community
- Learn how to be a great team member
- Learn problem-solving techniques
- Gain life skills through team leadership and outdoor activities
Study & Career Opportunities
This course will give you the confidence to progress on to further study or step into employment with roles such as…
- School Sports Coordinators
- School Officiators - Umpires
- School Gym Instructor
- Junior Sports Assistant
- Holiday Programme Coach
On completion, you meet the criteria to progress to further study at Level 3
- Fees Free for those aged 16-19!
You may be eligible for financial support during your studies with Youth Training Funding, this means New Zealand Institute of Sport will cover:
- Tuition Fees
- Gymnasium Membership
- NZIS Certificate in Sport & Recreation Apparel, including training gear, and tracksuit
- Course related field trips
- All Course Resources and Facilities
- Travel Allowance
Speak to us about eligibility for fees free and financial support on enquiry.
20 weeks (including holiday breaks)
Get more info
New Zealand Certificate in Foundation Skills (Level 2)
29 April 2019
27 May 2019
22 July 2019
Wellington and Christchurch campus
22 July 2019
This programme is offered at our Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch campuses.
- Aged between 16 – 19 years
- You must be a New Zealand citizen or have New Zealand permanent residency