New Zealand Certificate in Foundation Skills
You can get your NCEA Level 2 and study something interesting for FREE!
Why choose this course
- You can get your NCEA Level 2: This will open up doors for employment and more study.
- Learning is adventure-based: Improve your Literacy & Numeracy skills with classes outdoors and get experience working in supporting roles within Sport, Fitness and Recreation.
- Learn life skills you wish they taught at school: CV building, interview skills, budget management
- Get 1:1 support from your tutor: We understand that everyone’s different. That’s why take the time to tailor our teaching to suit your learning style.
- Referee a sports game within the community
- Learn Literacy & Numeracy skills through sport
- Sports, Recreation, & Exercise development using the latest technology
- Build your communication skills with people from different cultures within the community
- Learn how to be a great team member
- Learn problem-solving techniques
- Gain life skills through team leadership and outdoor activities
Study & Career Opportunities
This course will give you the confidence to progress on to further study or step into employment with roles such as…
- School Sports Coordinators
- School Officiators - Umpires
- School Gym Instructor
- Junior Sports Assistant
- Holiday Programme Coach
On completion, you meet the criteria to progress to further study at Level 3
- Fees Free for those aged 16-19!
You may be eligible for financial support during your studies with Youth Training Funding, this means New Zealand Institute of Sport will cover:
- Tuition Fees
- Gymnasium Membership
- NZIS Certificate in Sport & Recreation Apparel, including training gear, and tracksuit
- Course related field trips
- All Course Resources and Facilities
- Travel Allowance
Speak to us about eligibility for fees free and financial support on enquiry.
Get more info
New Zealand Certificate in Foundation Skills (Level 2)
- 11 February 2019
- 22 July 2019
This programme is offered at our Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch campuses.
20 weeks (including holiday breaks)
- Aged between 16 – 19 years
- You must be a New Zealand citizen or have New Zealand permanent residency