New Zealand Diploma in Sport, Recreation, & Exercise (Multi-Sector)
Ensure you’re ready to work in the exercise, recreation and sport industry by learning about the inner workings of the body, latest scientific research, leadership and management skills and how to develop and apply health and wellness solutions.
Why choose this course
- Develop Health & Wellness Solutions: Design health & exercise intervention programmes from start to finish and make a successful impact to others.
- Build your network with interpersonal skills: Enhance communication and relationship building skills needed to build networks within the industry.
- Plan sustainable and innovative programmes: Keep up to date with scientific research in the industry using the latest technology.
- Practical Opportunities: Learn in a real-work environment with our industry partners such as; working as liaison officers for visiting international sporting teams or assisting with the development of large corporate sports events.
- Workshop: Develop your skills with fitness workshops from; Group Fitness, Sport Massage, Sport Strapping, Rock Climbing, Golf, Swiss Ball Training, Sport Officiating, Event and Results Management.
What you will learn
- Exercise Prescription practice at a professional level
- Relevant industry practice in Sport, Recreation and Exercise
- How to analyse performance data using health and fitness devices
- Kinesiology - functional anatomy, exercise physiology, biomechanics
- How to integrate exercise science into sports performance and recreation activity
- Facility and event management skills including planning community events
- Valuable Information Technology skills
- Advanced coaching and exercise programme development
- Business management and industry practices of sport, recreation and exercise
- Research and strategy development in the community
Study and career opportunities
You’ll be prepared for entry level positions within gyms, schools, and sports organisations such as:
- Event Supervisor
- Hauora or Health Educator
- Recreation Supervisor
- Community Health Manager
You can also be eligible to study our New Zealand Diploma in Sport, Recreation and Exercise (Multi-Sector) (Level 6) which means you can specialise in your preferred industry and broaden your career prospects, training for higher level management positions.
Get more info
- Tuition fees: $6,200.00
- Course related costs: $705.00
- Tuition fees: $18,500
- Course related costs: $1,250
New Zealand Diploma in Sport, Recreation and Exercise (Multi-Sector) (Level 5)
40 Weeks (not including holidays)
- 11 February
- 29 April
- 22 July
- 14 October
This programme is offered at our Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch Campuses.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Attained level 4 qualification in relevant field, or completed the New Zealand Diploma in Sport, Recreation and Exercise (Multi-sector) (Level 3)
- Appropriate level of English proficiency to meet higher study level.
- Students who fall outside of the academic category may still be considered upon a personal interview.
- International students are additionally required to submit Academic IELTS 5.5 with no band score lower than 5 or equivalent.