NZIS Certificate in Sport Studies
Love Sport? No Qualifications? No dramas!
Our Certificate in Sport Studies is Fees Free if you are aged 16-19. If traditional school isn't for you, but sport is, this programme will give you a range of future opportunities doing what you enjoy.
This is a Level 3 Foundation programme, specially designed for students who want to kick-start their career in the Sport, Fitness and Recreation industry. It will suit those who have a high interest level in sport, fitness, recreation and outdoor activities.
The programme was developed in response to a growing number of students from various sporting backgrounds and school sport academies.
The NZIS Certificate in Sport Studies caters for those who have found the traditional school environment challenging, and who do not meet the current academic requirements for tertiary level courses.
This qualification is aimed at those who see the opportunity to develop their skills in an environment that is exciting, relevant and can be a pathway to other Tertiary programmes.
This qualification also suits mature students who are looking for a change in career, or are returning to the workforce. This programme provides a strong foundation for many practical opportunities where experiential learning is the key focus.
- Exercise Prescription – exercise programming and personal fitness
- Professional Studies – future planning development
- Sport Injury Management
- Communication Skills
- Information Technology
- Sport Nutrition
- Sport Teaching and Coaching – Coach development
- Leading Groups – leadership skills
- Sport Education – sport officiating and competition management
- Outdoor Education – adventure based learning
- Sport Workshops – sport coaching qualifications and practical experiences
- Fees Free study for those aged 16-19
- Tuition fees: $17000.00 (incl GST)
- Course related costs: $1250.00 (incl GST)
- Student loans and allowances are available through Studylink.
Get more info
Job Opportunities & Pathways
- Progression on to NZIS Certificate and Diploma programmes
NZIS Certificate in Sport Studies - Level 3
This programme is offered in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch.
46 weeks, including 6 weeks of holiday.
- Open age entry
- A demonstrated commitment to the Sport, Fitness and Recreation area
- Personal interview if required
- International student english language proficiency requirement – IELTS 5.0* (or internal test)
- Youth Guarantee Fees Free study – Students must be 16 – 19 years old when they start the course.