Certificate in Personal Training
Study Personal Training at NZIS.
Kick start your career in personal training, with New Zealand’s leading sports education provider.
The programme has been designed to provide relevant learning outcomes and to create an integrated learning experience where assessment, both written and practical, are considered within the context of the overall programme of learning, future education and workplace. The programme involves attending face-to-face daytime classes at an NZIS campus for 20 weeks.
The six courses that make up the programme are as follows:
- Anatomy and Physiology (10 credits)
- Ethics and Customer Safety (5 credits)
- Nutrition (10 credits)
- Special populations and Exercise Adherence (10 credits)
- Personal Training as a Business (10 credits)
- Exercise Prescription (15 credits).
Students will be able to complete work placements where NZIS provides opportunities for students to gain invaluable experience at the ‘coal face' of the personal training, health and fitness industry.
A wide range of workshops may include: Group Fitness, Sport Massage, Sport Strapping, Speed training, Swiss Ball training, Yoga.
Career Opportunities & Degree Pathways
- Personal training (PT) and coaching
- Group fitness instructor
- Athlete coaching and development
- Strength and conditioning
- Exercise physiology
- Gym instructor
- Tuition fees: $10,900.00 (incl GST)
- Course related costs: $1,000.00 (incl GST)
Get more info
New Zealand Certificate in Personal Training - Level 4
- February 2018
- July 2018
This programme is offered in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch.
- Full Time: 20 weeks, including 2 weeks break.
- Recommended age: 20 years and older.*
- A demonstrated commitment to the Sport, Fitness and Recreation areas.
- Relevant experience in the Fitness and Recreation Industry is preferred.
*Candidates under 20 may still be considered upon a personal interview