Diploma in Sport, Recreation, & Performance Level 5
Ensure industry readiness by learning about the inner workings of the body, latest scientific research, leadership and management skills, and wellness solutions.
Why choose this course
- Develop Health & Wellness Solutions: Design health & exercise intervention programmes from start to finish and make a successful impact to others.
- Build your network with interpersonal skills: Enhance communication and relationship building skills needed to build networks within the industry.
- Plan sustainable and innovative programmes: Keep up to date with scientific research in the industry using the latest technology.
- Practical Opportunities: Learn in a real-work environment with our industry partners such as; working as liaison officers for visiting international sporting teams or assisting with the development of large corporate sports events.
- Workshop: Develop your skills with fitness workshops from; Group Fitness, Sport Massage, Sport Strapping, Rock Climbing, Golf, Swiss Ball Training, Sport Officiating, Event and Results Management.
What you will learn
- Exercise Prescription practice at a professional level
- Relevant industry practice in Sport, Recreation and Exercise
- How to analyse performance data using health and fitness devices
- Kinesiology - functional anatomy, exercise physiology, biomechanics
- How to integrate exercise science into sports performance and recreation activity
- Facility and event management skills including planning community events
- Valuable Information Technology skills
- Advanced coaching and exercise programme development
- Business management and industry practices of sport, recreation and exercise
- Research and strategy development in the community
Study and career opportunities
You’ll be prepared for entry level positions within gyms, schools, and sports organisations such as:
- Event Supervisor
- Hauora or Health Educator
- Recreation Supervisor
- Community Health Manager
You can also be eligible to study our New Zealand Diploma in Sport, Recreation and Exercise (Multi-Sector) (Level 6) which means you can specialise in your preferred industry and broaden your career prospects, training for higher level management positions.
Get more info
Co-Owner and Head Personal Trainer at Vores Fitness Silkeborg, Denmark
“My Level 5 & 6 qualifications are internationally recognised, and for me this was very important because otherwise I would have found it a lot harder to get a job in the fitness industry in Denmark.”
- Tuition fees: $5,981
- Student Service Levy: $400
- Student loans and allowances are available through Studylink.
New Zealand Diploma in Sport, Recreation and Exercise (Multi-Sector) (Level 5)
40 Weeks (not including holidays)
19 July 2021
This programme is offered at our Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch Campuses.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Achieved NCEA Level 3 or a tertiary qualification at Level 3 or 4 in a relevant field.
- Appropriate level of English proficiency to meet higher study level.
- Students who fall outside of the academic category may still be considered upon a personal interview.