Introduction to Sport Management, Recreation and Human Performance Level 4
If you’re looking to work in the exciting area of sport management and recreation this short course is a great place to start your journey.
Why choose this course
- Purpose-built Facilities: On-campus, purpose-built training and exercise facilities, equipment and Performance Lab.
- Dedicated Industry Tutors: Learning is supported by a dedicated academic, experienced and qualified team.
- Practical Opportunities: The on-campus gym and service areas enhance practical learning and assessment opportunities in a realistic sport, recreation and exercise environment.
- Pathway: We’ll give you the skills and knowledge needed to succeed within the fields of sport, recreation, health, fitness and exercise, and to succeed at higher diploma or degree level.
What you will learn
- Introduction to Health Studies
- Health and Fitness Programme Design
- Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Basic Research and Data Skills
- Maths and Equations - made easy by using sport examples
- Community Development and Recreation
Study & Career Opportunities
Get ready to study:
- New Zealand Certificate in Exercise (Personal Training) (Level 4)
- New Zealand Diploma in Sport, Recreation and Exercise (Multi-Sector) (Level 5)
Opportunities in entry level employment, such as a sports assistant, recreation activity assistant, exercise assistant, community exercise instructor, youth development worker and assistant sports coach. Or work in paid or volunteer employment in coordination roles in sport and recreation organisations.
New Zealand Certificate in Study and Career Preparation (Level 4)
- 9 August 2021
- 19 July 2021
Get more info
- Fees Free study available
- Tuition fees: $3,796.00
- Student Service Levy: $200.00
- Student loans and allowances are available through Studylink
This programme is offered in our Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch Campuses.
- 40 credits at NCEA Level 2 or have completed a NZ Certificate in Study and Career Preparation (Level 3) or equivalent foundation learning programme, or, completed New Zealand Certificate in Sport, Recreation, and Exercise (Multi-sector) (Level 3),
- Be able to demonstrate skills for tertiary study (including literacy and numeracy) that have been acquired through study, work and/or life experience.