Police Preparation Level 3
Looking to join the Police? This is the perfect course for anyone inspired to join the NZ Police Force or security industry.
Why choose this course
This is the perfect course for anyone inspired to join the New Zealand Police Force as a Police Officer, Police Communicator, security organisations or going on to further study.
During this course you will:
- Gain real insight from New Zealand Police Officers.
- Visit locations such as the Royal New Zealand Police College (Wellington campus only), New Zealand Police, and Government facilities.
- Train hard to meet the fitness requirements of the New Zealand Police, including the 2.4km run, press-ups, beep test, curl-ups, grip test, and the 50m swim.
- Complete a Royal New Zealand Police College mock-test.
Gain unlimited access to specialist fitness information, and train with our leading fitness courses, to reach the fitness requirements of the New Zealand Police. With literacy, numeracy and law courses, this comprehensive course will enhance your study & career opportunities.
You can earn 60 credits over the course of 16 weeks! On completion, you will achieve the Qualification in New Zealand Certificate in Study and Career Preparation (Pre-Police Proficiency).
You will learn invaluable skills, knowledge, and capabilities along the way:
- New Zealand Law (including Road law, Domestic Violence law)
- New Zealand Civil Defence Industry
- Civil Defence-related physical training
- Emergency response procedures
- Basic computer data analysis skills
- Achievement of Police required fitness levels
- Physical Self-Defence techniques
- First Aid delivery and recovery aid – earn your First Aid Certificate
- Swim training to meet the Police swimming requirements
Study & Career Opportunities
- New Zealand Royal Police Academy
- New Zealand Police Communicator roles
- Emergency Services
- Security organisations
Get more info
- Tuition fees: $3,089
- Student Service Levy: $200
- Student loans and allowances are available through Studylink
New Zealand Certificate in Study and Career Preparation (Pre-Police Proficiency) (Level 3)
19 July 2021
14 June 2021
21 June 2021
19 July 2021
16 August 2021
19 July 2021
This course is offered in our Auckland, Otahuhu, Wellington, and Christchurch campuses.
Entry is open to domestic students only, on the basis of the following criteria:
- Minimum 18 years of age
- NCEA Level 2 or equivalent
- Pass a Police Security background check
- Be a competent swimmer (50 metres in approximately 55 secs)
- Be physically fit
- Hold a learners drivers license (minimum)
- Undertake a face to face or telephone interview