Health & Fitness Personal Trainer Level 4 (Part Time or Full Time)
Want to become a Personal Trainer? This course will start your journey in personal training. Help change lives and improve your own at the same time. Part-time study option available.
Why choose this course
To become a game-changer in the exercise industry you need to start with the fundamentals of being a personal trainer. Learn fitness, health, and dietary knowledge, and develop your own custom-made fitness programmes to road test on real clients of your own.
We provide a range of specialised workshops including Group Fitness, Sport Massage, Sport Strapping, Speed Training, Swiss Ball Training and Yoga.
During this course you will:
Manage a client of your own: Write their fitness plan and track their progress
Prepare for the No#1 Barrier to client's success: Learn the secrets, with motivation strategies and techniques
Learn how to run your own gym: Be business-savvy by learning the basics of management
Keep up to date with the latest science of nutrition: You'll know the industry approved dietary practices
This course can be done full time or part time, giving you complete flexibility to fit it into your lifestyle. It's not just about training your clients to peak physical condition, you'll learn:
- The inner working of our amazing bodies by understanding all about human anatomy and physiology.
- How to fuel the body with the latest in nutrition.
- How to develop exercise programmes, prescribe them to your clients and motivate them to maintain their programme.
- How to work with clients who have specific or special training needs.
- How to use emerging sport technologies in client fitness assessments.
- Running a successful Personal Training business.
- The Ethics for training and how to keep your clients safe.
Study & Career Opportunities
This course opens up the following possibilities:
- Set yourself apart from the rest! Carry on your study with NZIS, completing the Certificate Advanced Health & Fitness Coach - Level 5
- Broaden your Industry knowledge and study further with NZIS Diploma Sport, Recreation & Exercise (Multi-Sector) Level 5
- Personal training (PT) and coaching
- Group fitness instructor
- Team fitness trainer
- Exercise consultant
- Athlete coaching and development
- Strength and conditioning
- Gym instructor
- Boot camp operator
New Zealand Certificate in Exercise (Level 4)
19 July 2021
19 July 2021
30 August 2021
16 August 2021
23 August 2021
Part-time (30 weeks)
30 August 2021
13 September 2021
This programme is offered in our Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch Campuses.
- Full Time: 16 weeks
- Part Time: 30 weeks
Ready to become PT certified? ENROL NOW
- Recommended age of 20 years and older.*
- A demonstrated commitment to the Sport, Fitness and Recreation areas.
- Relevant experience in the Fitness and Recreation Industry is preferred.
*Candidates under 20 may still be considered upon a personal interview
- Fees Free* study available
- Tuition fees: $3,997.00
- Student Service Levy: $200.00
- Student loans and allowances are available through Studylink
*Click here for Fees Free Eligibility criteria.
- Tuition fees: $10,500NZD
- Course fee: $1,000NZD