New Zealand Certificate in Personal Training
Level 4 - Part Time or Full Time
Become a Personal Trainer and help change lives.
Are you at School this year and already have your 60 level 3 credits?
This personal training course can be done full time or part time, giving you complete flexibility to fit it into your lifestyle.
The six areas that make up the course are:
- Understand the inner workings of our amazing bodies by learning all about human anatomy and physiology.
- Learn how to fuel the body for peak physical condition.
- Learn how to design exercise programmes, prescribe them to your clients and motivate them to maintain their programme, as well as how to work with clients who have specific or special training needs.
- Understand the ins and out of how you can run your own successful Personal Training Business.
- Get to grips with the ethics of training and how to keep your clients safe.
Our students gain invaluable experience at the ‘coal face' of the personal training, health and fitness industry with work placements during study.
We provide a range of specialsied workshops including Group Fitness, Sport Massage, Sport Strapping, Speed Training, Swiss Ball Training and Yoga.
Part-time or Full-time - it's up to you
Our full-time study option means you will attend face-to-face daytime classes at one of our campuses for 20 weeks.
Our part-time programme is 30 weeks long and consists of 10 hours of face-to-face teaching and 10 hours of self-directed learning, plus 40 hours of work experience that is undertaken weekly throughout the course.
Where to from here?
This course opens up the following possibilities:
- Personal training (PT) and coaching
- Group fitness instructor
- Athlete coaching and development
- Strength and conditioning
- Gym instructor
Get more info
- Fees Free study available
- Tuition fees: $3,800.00
- Course related costs: $765.00
- Student loans and allowances are available through Studylink.
New Zealand Certificate in Exercise (Level 4)
- 4 February
- 22 July
- 11 February
- 29 July
This programme is offered in Auckland, Hamilton, Wellington and Christchurch Campuses.
- Full Time: 20 weeks
- Part Time: 30 weeks
- Recommended age of 20 years and older.*
- A demonstrated commitment to the Sport, Fitness and Recreation areas.
- Relevant experience in the Fitness and Recreation Industry is preferred.
*Candidates under 20 may still be considered upon a personal interview