Personal Training Certificate
NZIS Certificate in Personal Training
The NZIS Certificate in Personal Training is designed to fast track candidates into the personal training industry.
The course is comprised of carefully selected Skills Active (Training Organisation) unit standards, which provide candidates with the essential tools to become a successful personal trainer.
On completion of the NZIS Certificate in Personal Training, candidates will be able to provide personal training for a wide range of clientele.
As part of the course, candidates complete 40 hours work experience. The NZIS Certificate in Personal Training is REPs (Register of Exercise Professionals) accredited.
From exercise programming through to the realization of client goals, the NZIS Certificate in Personal Training covers essential aspects of exercise prescription, and strength and conditioning, ensuring the NZIS Personal Trainers are Industry ready.
The course concentrates on the “hard skills” of the industry relating to sport science and exercise prescription principles. It also touches on the very important “soft skills”, such as sales, basic financial management and IT skills. The combination of “hard skills”and “soft skills”is crucial to become a successful Personal Trainer.
- Strength and Conditioning
- Functional Anatomy
- Exercise Programme Design
- Client Motivation and Exercise Adherence
- Nutrition for Human Performance
- Exercise Prescription for Specialist Client Crops
- Communication Skills
- Injury Management (includes First Aid Certificate)
- Information Technology
Students may also have the opportunity to link to the NZIS Personal Development Modules: Sport Strapping, Sport Speed Training, Swiss Ball Training, Sport Massage, Injury Rehabilitation
- Recommended age: 20 years and older. Candidates under 20 may still be considered upon a personal interview
- A demonstrated commitment to the Sport, Fitness and Recreation area
- Relevant experience in the Fitness and Recreation Industry is preferred
- International student English language proficiency requirement – IELTS 5.0 or higher with no band score lower than 5 or TOEFL 500 with an essay score of 4 TWE
- Tuition Fee: $3220 (incl GST)
- Course Related Cost: $850 (incl GST) – Discounted rate if paid prior to or on enrolment day.
Course Dates: (PT1)
- Auckland: 9th February 2015
- Wellington: 9th February 2015
- Christchurch: 9th February 2015
Course Dates: (PT2)
- Auckland: 13th July 2015
- Wellington: 13th July 2015
- Christchurch: 13th July 2015