FEES FREE (Ages 16 – 19)
Apply Now to secure your spot at New Zealand’s leading Sport & Fitness Institute!
This level 3 qualification is a foundation course specially designed for students who want to kick-start their career in the Sport, Fitness and Recreation industry. It will suit those who have a high interest level in sport, fitness, recreation and outdoor activities.
The programme was developed in response to a growing number of students from various sporting backgrounds and school sport academies. Beginning in 2010 the programme will also encompass the fully-funded NZIS Youth Guarantee programme.
The NZIS Certificate in Sport Studies caters for those who have found the traditional school environment challenging and who do not meet the current academic requirements for tertiary level courses, for example, the NZIS Diploma in Sport Management and Exercise Prescription.
This qualification is aimed at those who see the opportunity to develop their skills in an environment that is exciting, relevant and can be a pathway to other tertiary programmes.
This qualification also suits mature students who are looking for a change in career or are returning to the workforce. This course provides an enormous number of practical opportunities where experiential learning is the key focus.
- Exercise Prescription – Exercise programming and personal fitness
- Professional Studies – Future planning development
- Sport Injury Management
- Communication Skills
- Information Technology
- Sport Nutrition
- Sport Teaching and Coaching – Coach development
- Leading Groups – Leadership skills
- Sport Education – Sport officiating and competition management
- Outdoor Education – Adventure based learning
- Sport Practicum – Sport coaching qualifications and practical experiences
- Open age entry
- A demonstrated commitment to the Sport, Fitness and Recreation area
- Personal interview if required
- International student english language proficiency requirement – IELTS 5.0 (or internal test)
- Youth Guarantee – Students must be 16 – 19 years old when they start the course.
Fee Schedule (Fees apply to those over 19)
Fees are subject to change for the 2017 academic year.
- Fees Free or over 19 fees apply:
- Tuition Fees: $5460.00 (incl GST)
- Course Related Costs: $955.00 (incl GST)
- Auckland (Greenlane): May 2017
- Auckland (Manukau): May 2017
- Hamilton: May 2017
- Wellington: Still accepting enrolments for 2017
- Christchurch: Still accepting enrolments for 2017