Certificate in Personal Training
Level 3 - Full Time
Fast track your career into the personal training industry
This programme will energise you to become the best Personal Trainer you can be, with a range of targeted modules supported by excellent tutors.
This six month programme has a carefully selected Skills Active (Training Organisation) unit standards, which provide students with the essential tools to become a successful personal trainer.
The NZIS Certificate in Personal Training is accredited by the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs). From exercise programming through to the realisation of client goals, the NZIS Certificate in Personal Training covers essential aspects of exercise prescription, and strength and conditioning, ensuring the NZIS Personal Trainers are industry ready. The course concentrates on the “hard skills” of the industry relating to sport science and exercise prescription principles.
It also touches on the very important “soft skills”, such as sales, basic financial management and IT skills. The combination of “hard skills” and “soft skills” is crucial for anyone wanting to become a successful Personal Trainer.
- Strength and Conditioning
- Functional Anatomy
- Exercise Programme Design
- Client Motivation and Exercise Adherence
- Nutrition for Human Performance
- Exercise Prescription for Specialist Client Crops
- Communication Skills
- Injury Management (includes First Aid Certificate)
- Information Technology
Students may also have the opportunity to link to the NZIS Personal Development Modules: Sport Strapping, Sport Speed Training, Swiss Ball Training, Sport Massage, Injury Rehabilitation.
Career Opportunities for Personal Training
- Personal Trainer
- Gym instructor
- Fitness coach
- Fitness professional
- Group fitness instructor
- Bootcamp instructor
- Gym administration / sales
- Sport-specific instructor
- Many more!
Get more info
- Tuition fees: $3200.00 (incl GST)
- Compulsory related costs: $800.00 (incl GST)
- Student loans and allowances are available through Studylink.
NZIS Certificate in Personal Training (Level 3)
- February 2018
This programme is offered in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch.
26 weeks including 2 weeks of holiday.
- Recommended age: 20 years and older.*
- A demonstrated commitment to the Sport, Fitness and Recreation area
- Relevant experience in the Fitness and Recreation Industry is preferred
*Candidates under 20 may still be considered upon a personal interview