Apply Now to secure your spot at New Zealand’s leading Sport & Fitness Institute!
This programme will suit those who demonstrate strong commitment to joining the NZ Police Force, security organisations, the military, or going on to further study. The skills developed here will provide great employment opportunities.
The programme also includes transferable skills, such as communications, information technology, first aid, and exercise prescription and many others. These skills will enhance your knowledge base for further tertiary education and employment.
We recognise that career aspirations may change during the programme, and not all students will join the NZ Police. So we ensure that students finish the programme armed with skills to take them forward into many different career and education paths.
This programme is subject to NZQA approval.
The 120 credit Pre-Police programme is a full-year programme, comprising two qualifications. At the end of Semester One (half-way through the programme) you achieve the New Zealand Certificate in Study and Career Pre-Police Proficiency (Level 3). At the end of the programme, you achieve the New Zealand Certificate in Study and Career Pre-Police Proficiency (Level 4). Here are some of the skills you will learn along the way:
- Police Related Activities – Exploration of a wide variety of police operations
- Communication Skills – Interviewing techniques, assertiveness training
- Information Technology – Includes Police requirements for keyboarding skills
- Leading Groups – Leadership Skills
- Legal Studies
- Emergency Response and Risk Management
- Personal Training – Adherence to a physical training programme
- First Aid – Completion of the required First Aid Certificate
- Literacy – Report writing skills, increasing literacy and vocabulary skills specific to the PET
- Numeracy – Analysis and problem solving skills specific to the PET
- Swimming Proficiency and Self-Defence
- Age: 18 years old minimum
- A high level of motivation towards fitness and policing
- Will meet the NZ Police entry requirements, i.e. no criminal convictions, excellent physical
attributes (for example: eyesight, Body Mass Index)
Fees are subject to change for the 2017 academic year.
- Tuition Fees: $5460.00 (incl GST)
- Course Related Costs: $955.00 (incl GST)
Please note that the Pre Police Proficiency Course is not available in Christchurch.
- Wellington: 7 February 2017
- Auckland: 7 February 2017